Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Pipe Management Australia is looking for a Project Engineer to join our team now.
Due to an increased workload PMA are looking for a suitable candidate to join our small energetic team with a great culture to assist with our flood recovery program of Inspecting and Cleaning of the Brisbane Stormwater network that has been affected by the floods.
Pipe Management Australia (PMA) is a specialist Utilities Maintenance Company that has been operating for over 10 years and offers a variety of industrial services. We proudly boast a modern fleet and pride ourselves in supplying experienced, highly skilled operators to meet our clients needs. Pipe Management Australia are the go-to for municipal councils and major contractors Australia wide. We operate across multiple locations throughout New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
We are passionate about living our values and ensure that these are considered when making decisions and providing service. We know our people is what makes us great, and we want you involved in making Pipe Management Australia a great place to work!
Our values are Teamwork | Service | Safety | Respect.
More about this role:
Responsibilities will include
- Working closely with our Works Coordinators to organise labour, plant, machinery, equipment and materials to meet the needs of the program
- Creating, implementing and updating the program of work.
- Working with our Contract Manager, Suppliers and Client to resolve any technical, commercial and scheduling issues.
- Reviewing and approving subcontract and supplier invoices and monthly claims.
- Ensuring projects are managed within budget, completed on time and delivered to a high quality.
- Ensuring project compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordination of employees, subcontractors, procurement, plant and equipment required to meet the program.
- Responsible for monthly assessments and forecasts of project’s financial performance.
- Ensure that plant, equipment, staff and subcontractors operate within safe working conditions
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar is desirable – alternatively, extensive Project Management experience in the Sewer Stormwater or civil industry will be considered
- Experience with project programming, cost and quality control, procurement and supplier engagement
- Minimum 2 years experience in Australia
- Knowledge of structures & drainage
- Ability to read drawings, navigate through GIS systems and interpret plans
- Programming & Cost Control
- Excellent safety record from previous projects
- Demonstrated experience managing a project and maintaining focus on priorities.
- Highly effective skills in negotiating, evaluating and administering contracts and specifications
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Computer literacy, particularly experience working with Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Highly effective planning, organising and problem-solving skills together with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
What’s on offer
- Strong pipeline of fulfilling works
- Long Term Employment Security
- Fun and growing team
- Friday Lunch BBQ’s
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flu vaccinations and other Health & well-being initiatives
Our Culture & Benefits
- Full time position
- Friendly team environment
- All uniforms supplied
- Learning culture to continually build capability in our team
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Join our Team
PMA encourages and fosters an interactive, safe and friendly working environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes inclusiveness and welcomes people from all backgrounds. If you would like to be part of our team and align to our ways of working, click APPLY NOW, to send your resume through.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver’s licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?